Re: Methods of marking a menu with the current page.

In article
Andy Dingley <dingbat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11 Mar, 10:51, Mike Barnard <m.barnard.trous...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I find myself asking what is the best way to do the 'current page' thing on
a menu

There are two popular ways of doing this, both commonly discussed.
These might be a start:

* Use class not id. This tends to make CSS life simpler.

Why is class for a unique current per page simpler?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 1280 wide ?
    ... But what is popular is not the whole world of users. ... Young bull to old bull: "Hey, let's charge down there and screw that ... let's just walk down slow and screw them all" ...
  • Re: Frames in Web Design
    ... Andy Dingley wrote: ... know about frames. ... They are too deceptively beguiling ...
  • Re: almost working right
    ... On 14 Apr 2008, Andy Dingley wrote: ... I ordered a copy of "Aliens Love Underpants". ... Wonder if I'll see dorayme ... Great sights and sounds ...
  • Re: CSS question - inheriting other classes (I think)
    ... Andy Dingley wrote: ... How many developers know that? ... it is not looking promising. ...
  • Re: affordable website design
    ... Andy Dingley wrote: ... You snipped the further distinction I was making. ... sure, not a simple matter". ...