Re: Weirdest Internet Explorer issue I've ever seen.

Jeff wrote:
Mango wrote:
It can't really be explained. Here's a demo.

http://toao.net/pub/widthtest.html

Nobody really knows what you want to do,

As far as I can tell, the gist of it is that the third link calls the same function called by the first link followed by the same function called by the second link. But it causes something else, something weird, to happen that doesn't happen if you click the first link and then the second link.

In both IE7 and Firefox, another strange thing is that when the input field is created with width set to 100%, it slightly overlaps the right border of its containing table cell. If I set overflow="hidden" for the cell, it fixes this in Firefox but not in IE7.

but I'd like to make these observations. You have a table with no specified width and then you put in a form element with a width of 100%. What do you expect? Give the poor DOM a break.

  • Re: Expanding transarent cell without javascript?
    ... Your example works in FireFox but not in IE7... ... in effect you're just displaying my static cell with two different version of the content. ... Visit your test url in IE7, switch to another page on a different tab for 3 seconds or more then switch back. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: IE7 on SBS
    ... many things to consider before installing the browser. ... When I left my first post I had not had any issues with IE7 and how it ... it at that same point either but Firefox will and IE6 will as well. ... Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: New problem with Firefox
    ... Firefox apparently can't do this. ... And I've got to tell you, IE7 looks great. ... I don't recall ever re-setting my dpi since purchasing this ... But the long term solution is to abandon Publisher for web ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Licenses do not download- Error: 438- despite recovery confirmation
    ... Lavasoft's new firewall. ... as to trying to get license migration using firefox, ... that blasted IE7 to do this. ... (i think firefox programmers don't even bother with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Publisher 2003 in IE7 vs. Firefox
    ... But there are no links to anywhere either in IE7 or Firefox ... It looks the same to me whatever IE7 and Firefox on the one computer. ... The grouping tends to create combined images which kill ... built with the navbar wizard in Publisher, ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)