Re: Weirdest Internet Explorer issue I've ever seen.

Jeff wrote:
Mango wrote:
It can't really be explained. Here's a demo.

http://toao.net/pub/widthtest.html

Nobody really knows what you want to do,

As far as I can tell, the gist of it is that the third link calls the same function called by the first link followed by the same function called by the second link. But it causes something else, something weird, to happen that doesn't happen if you click the first link and then the second link.

In both IE7 and Firefox, another strange thing is that when the input field is created with width set to 100%, it slightly overlaps the right border of its containing table cell. If I set overflow="hidden" for the cell, it fixes this in Firefox but not in IE7.

but I'd like to make these observations. You have a table with no specified width and then you put in a form element with a width of 100%. What do you expect? Give the poor DOM a break.
.