Re: How to align text in my page heading?

David Segall wrote:
"Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
David Segall wrote:

Thanks again. That works perfectly and I have posted the corrected
version as
<http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_headingexample_corrected.html> for
anyone who finds this via a web search.
"perfectly" Are you sure? Have you view the page with the browser window < 800px wide?

If I had to do this is how I would do it...
But your heading
<http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_headingexample_little.html> would not
line up with the body that I have designed for my application.

Have no idea what you mean "line up with the body that I have designed for my application" since you give no url to said application. If you did we could have a better idea of what parameters are important to the design.

I thought "Ben C" provided a model answer to a "How do I..." request.
He achieved the requested result, indicated why the requested result
might not be the desired result and even provided some explanation of
how he achieved the requested result.

How can having "RENDEZ" disappear and "VOUS" dropping down into content fulfill the requirement "line up with the body that I have designed for my application"? Even if it did stay stable for >800px viewports, how do you know your visitor has allot that much space. Hint: monitor resolution != browser viewport.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

  • Re: How wide is the world? 640 800 1200 1680 ??
    ... Meaning, you should not design, but let the ... and adapt to the browser window. ... The difficulty in designing complex sites with em widths, or simply fluid widths are substantial. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Need help with some design/css problems
    ... I've downloaded a design from www.oswd.org and have started rewriting the ... css and html to end up with a new design for my site. ... First, if I resize the browser window, the title ends up on ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Fixed site width vs. dynamic: what is good web design?
    ... thanks to everyone who has answered my multiple ... want my design to scale with the user's browser window. ... but terrible at higher resolutions: http://quick2web.com/izzy ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: min-height property
    ... >>> Does IE 5.5 have a standard mode as well as a quirk mode? ... The design, as it stands, wouldn't ... itself into the browser window which the user ... more discerning readers may be able to overrule the author - the rest ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: min-height property
    ... > On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, David Graham wrote: ... The design, as it stands, wouldn't ... > itself into the browser window which the user ... > useful source of ideas for fluid design. ...
    (alt.html)