Re: Embedding html inside html (that old chestnut)

"DartGuru" <alan.gooch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've browsed this group and understand that

<!--#include file="file-to-include.htm"-->

should work provided I ensure my original file has the .shtm
extension. *note1

I have a copy of a website on my local drive and wish to test the look
of my site before uploading it. At the moment, the included file does
not appear in my local version of the site, presumably because it is
specifically designed for SSI.
Can I set anything locally to get an accurate view of what my uploaded
website will look like?

Other than a installing a web server supporting SSI, no.

Why not upload it to a secret test folder? That's what I do just prior to
promotion to production status, just to check things out like database
connection etc.

--
Richard.

  • Embedding html inside html (that old chestnut)
    ... should work provided I ensure my original file has the .shtm ... I have a copy of a website on my local drive and wish to test the look ... of my site before uploading it. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Embedding html inside html (that old chestnut)
    ... should work provided I ensure my original file has the .shtm ... I have a copy of a website on my local drive and wish to test the look ... of my site before uploading it. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Newbie question
    ... following the directions there about FTP uploading, ... maintain your Publisher Web ... This being my very first website design and ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Cant delete files?!?!!!!
    ... You'll need to find which process has these files loaded, stop/terminate ... from the Microsoft Debugger Toolkit at ... ages...I never did make it to the website. ... www.IPInsight.com and that the original file name is ...
  • Re: Is this possible?
    ... Basically I want one of my users to be able to add content to our website by filling out an online form and uploading an associated file. ... The user in the outside world could then go to our website, click on the link to the ASP page that has the database results, see the information, click on the associated PDF file and open it. ... I'm guessing that is possible based upon the responses I have received. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)