Re: Empty space on the sides of a nested table (firefox 2.0)

ivan.svaljek@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks, I've tried that, but it only stretches the nested table to fit
the outer table bloated size. I've found another reason that makes
the parent cell stretch in firefox, it's the third row left and right
cells that have a width of 20%, if i remove the width specifier the
outer cells shrinks to the same size as in opera, ie.

Parent cell? I've never had a data table where a cell had a "parent
cell." Are you (ab)using tables for layout?

I keep hearing that firefox is the most standard compliant browser,

Try the Acid2 test with all your browsers.
http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/

I think you will find that, among common browsers, Opera fits that
definition best.

but it gave me nothing but headaches thus far...

After looking at your page just now, I can see why! :-) Nested
tables... a plethora of divs... inline styles rather than in a
stylesheet, making maintenance a headache... the whole thing wrapped in
a form... JavaScript required...

and finally, perhaps fixing all the errors would help:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stjepansvaljek.com%2Fgallery.aspx>
"Failed validation, 89 Errors"

--
-bts

  • Re: Empty space on the sides of a nested table (firefox 2.0)
    ... the parent cell stretch in firefox, it's the third row left and right ... outer cells shrinks to the same size as in opera, ...
    (alt.html)
  • RE: Pasting in selected cells
    ... the same workbook. ... When you do so and edit the data of the parent cell from ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Word 2003 "paste as nested table" not nesting
    ... I want to paste this inner table in the cell of an ... outer table of the destination document. ... inner table until I see the "compass" symbol on the table's upper left ... but not inside the destination cell. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • Re: Table spacing
    ... See response to your later post with the subject of "Automatic" paragraph spacing. ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ... outer table, where the outer table has only a single cell. ... use the cell margins of the outer cell to create the space I need. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs)
  • Re: Table Within Table Formatting
    ... The links and content will be aligned at the top of the outer table. ... > contents of the inner table so the inner table will align along the top ... > themselves out if I don't manually adjust the cell height each time). ... > spacing to align the column and tables. ...