Re: How best to highlight an an item...

dorayme wrote:
I will be soon making up a page with a table of items. There will be a fair few rows. All not high, all tabular.

People will be referencing parts of it via links that latch onto ids that will be placed on the <tr>s. But while this will narrow things down for folk, they will still see a whole lot of other stuff depending on the vertical size of their browser window. I was rather hoping there might be a neat way of also highlighting the row concerned, not necessarily literally the row, but something to mark it out as the one to be attended to. Need no help with the actual css, more with how to let the browser or server know which row needs the style.

You might modify one of these demos of meyers
to make an arrow appear at the
beginning (and/or end) of each row as it is hovered:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo.html
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/menus/demo.html

  • Re: How best to highlight an an item...
    ... People will be referencing parts of it via links that latch onto ... ids that will be placed on the s. ... stuff depending on the vertical size of their browser window. ... id="current" on some list items depending on the html file being ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: How best to highlight an an item...
    ... dorayme wrote: ... ids that will be placed on the s. ... But while this will narrow things down for folk, they will still see a whole lot of other stuff depending on the vertical size of their browser window. ...
    (alt.html)