Re: Pixel to Em conversion...
- From: Bernhard Sturm <sturmnixspam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 13:04:43 +0200
goes on to note that the usage is criticized, and that it's been used
in a fairly sloppy manner to refer to a whole range of different sets
of characters that go beyond those defined in ASCII, and is thus not a
specific character set / encoding, nor is it endorsed in any way in
conjunction with the ASCII standard.
that is all true, but as you correctly mentioned the term is in use and there are various references to it (even from IBM in their manuals for Lotus Notes, printers or PC DOS (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/gg244459.pdf for example)). The term is in use, and can be used even if it's not precise (it's similar to the use of the word 'Homepage' in German in order to refer to an entire Website; not accurate, but it's in use :-). Therefore I wouldn't blame the authors of the website we are discussing for providing unreliable facts...
remove nixspam to reply
- Prev by Date: Re: Pixel to Em conversion...
- Next by Date: Re: Pixel to Em conversion...
- Previous by thread: Re: Pixel to Em conversion...
- Next by thread: Re: Pixel to Em conversion...