Re: Convert javascript print-tag to html

"Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Timmermans wrote:
Hi,

In an attempt to get rid of all javascript on my page, I was looking for
the html/css/whatever equivalent of the following javascript tag;

There isn't one, it call the "print" button on the browser.

I'm using css media="print", so all I need is the trigger to start
printing.

That just defines that styling to be used when printing. CSS cannot
trigger anything, except the pseudo "triggers" dynamic pseudo-classes:
:hover, :active, and :focus

Jonathan,

Rather dissapointed to learn there is no alternative for something so
common.

I guess I can't win them all ;-)

Thanks.

Regards,
Steven

  • Convert javascript print-tag to html
    ... In an attempt to get rid of all javascript on my page, ... html/css/whatever equivalent of the following javascript tag; ... I'm using css media="print", so all I need is the trigger to start printing. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Convert javascript print-tag to html
    ... In an attempt to get rid of all javascript on my page, I was looking for the html/css/whatever equivalent of the following javascript tag; ... CSS cannot trigger anything, except the pseudo "triggers" dynamic pseudo-classes::hover,:active, and:focus ...
    (alt.html)