Re: Fluid display for multiple images

Steven Saunderson wrote:
I am trying to improve my page that displays multiple images so the
number of images per row will depend on the window width. My previous
attempt uses a table with two columns but this relies on the window
being approximately 800px wide.

Each image should have a caption centered underneath. I first tried
div's and float but this left-justifies the images and I would prefer a
centered display.

I am now using inline tables where each table contains one image and its
caption. This seems to work but the CSS is quirky to get things to work
in Opera, FF, and IE.
<snip>

Just did a TABLEless design example for another thread that may help:

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/alt.html.20070216.php
Better Way
--
Take care,