Re: [OT] Ghost icon on server

dorayme wrote:
Anyone had the prob of a blank icon appearing in a folder on the
server which cannot be deleted because it is not seen by some
process?

Is this your server? You have root/admin access to it?

FTP Error: /www/website/gallery/thumbs/Icon: No such file or
directory (Icon)

and this stops the whole folder from being deleted?

How are you doing this with HTML?
This sounds like an operating system problem, or possibly a HTTP server
configuration error.

(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  • Re: Oeee! Cant change file names...
    ... As you can see, the keyboard works fine. ... I had a problem about a server icon and posted to another group. ... "Anyone had the prob of a blank icon appearing in a folder on the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Outlook 2003 How do I save email messages?
    ... "Bob I" wrote: ... folder you want on your hard drive. ... Simple drag an e-mail to that Icon, and hold it there, My Documents will pop to the Desktop, now simply drop the e-mail in My Documents. ... Right now my email sits on a server and we need to keep our Outlook "cleaned up", delete the delete files, delete the sent file etc....the IS guy keeps giving me the stink eye because mine is so ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Ghost icon on server
    ... Anyone had the prob of a blank icon appearing in a folder on the ... server which cannot be deleted because it is not seen by some ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: The myth of the Windows computer icon
    ... > guarantees that MacOs will put the icon in Finder? ... You can forget the "WINS Server" setting. ... a folder with your workgroup name. ... Open the folder and after a few seconds, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Unable to access network properly from Powermac G5
    ... When I connect to the server the icon doesn't display properly like the other network connections and there is no icon on the desktop for the connection. ... Using terminal I can see and access the folder called "Production" under /Volumes and in the interim I was able to create a symbolic link from the desktop to that folder so the user can access the share for the time being until I solve the problem. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)