Unicode (UTF-8)

I have one question about the use of Unicode (UTF-8).
As far as I understand it is recommended because it suits both our
characters and Chinese and
cyrillic and so on.
But I found this
http://groups.google.se/group/free.fr.commentaires.signatures/browse_thread/thread/bbf0a00b947d4fb4/5012a173c75952ec?lnk=st&q=Luigi+Donatello+Asero&rnum=14&hl=sv#5012a173c75952ec
So, now I am wondering...
Any suggestion?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

  • Re: UNICODE to MBCS
    ... a conversion internally from Unicode encoding to ANSI encoding. ... INI = UNICODE containing code points for English and Chinese ... Chinese characters where all unresolved and appearing as '?'. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Japanese Chinese tea web sites
    ... >>> character pairs are used for Japanese font sets. ... >>> see are from the Japanese fonts and not Chinese. ... >>> languages take two characters for representation and a corresponding ... But UTF-8 *is* Unicode. ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Unicode is driving me nuts!
    ... using unicode, as you also mentioned you used to have ... hopefully not to have a lot of unreadable characters. ... > sample Chinese document. ... > Anthony> But when I attempted to run the script ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Higher Unicode characters
    ... Can someone explain something regarding unicode? ... I have to work with documents written in Simplified/Traditional Chinese (by ... read the characters and it pops up the Unicode conversion dialogue box. ... Also, once the characters have been written, why is it that applying a font ...
    (microsoft.public.word.printingfonts)
  • Re: MFC(VC6) Application Localization from French to Chinese(RPC)
    ... If you are using VC6 you must be sure to have the Chinese code page loaded for the characters to work correctly. ... If you are using 2005 you can also open the RC file with notepad and resave it as Unicode and the VC resource editor will maintain it in Unicode for you. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)