Re: Help with frames

"Ed Mulroy" <dont_email_me@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
news:3oGdnbQ3r9YWF_LZ4p2dnA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've a page that uses frames. It seems to display properly in
FireFox but not in IE 6. It used to be the other way, ok with IE
but not with FireFox but changed when I fixed a problem with the
frame.

[snip]

<frameset rows="35%,65%">

suggestion...rows="35%,*"

<frameset cols="100%">

Remove the above frameset

<frame src="magstop.htm">
</frameset>

Remove the above closing frameset

<frameset cols="33%,33%,33%">

suggestion ... cols="33%,*,33%"

<frame src="nwsdaily.htm">
<frame src="nwsintl.htm">
<frame src="nwsndail.htm">
</frameset>
</frameset>

--
BootNic Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:35 PM

One must learn by doing the thing, for though you think you know it,
you have no certainty until you try.
*Aristotle*

  • Re: Macro for table problems
    ... and so I'm been using this site from Firefox. ... But at least now I know how to from Safari. ... Yep: Frames are gone :-) Nearly 80 per cent of the site is now converted. ... Beth Rosengard wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Macro for table problems
    ... Back when frames were state of the art, ... Beth Rosengard wrote: ... Paul and John have explained the Safari issue so I won't go into that. ... I can confirm the Firefox printing issue! ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: JS Kontext und Einbettung in HTML
    ... An "Feature detection" denke ich, ... Hier ein Screenshot davon (mit Iceweasel, die debian-Version von FireFox): ... Der bug ist wie gesagt seit etlichen FF-Versionen bekannt/gemeldet. ... window or all frames within a FRAMESET. ...
    (de.comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Macro for table problems
    ... And he says using frames is poor design to be avoided if possible. ... Paul and John have explained the Safari issue so I won't go into that. ... I can confirm the Firefox printing issue! ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: 406 Not Acceptable - The new frames!
    ... ....Recently seen a site that rejects Firefox simply for being Firefox. ... Browser racism must end. ... server doesn't have any idea that the browser doesn't support frames. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)