Looking for an application to help me write HTML

What I am interested in is not a WYSIWYG application but something like the old Hot Dog Pro (I think). Sometimes I have mistakes in my HTML like a tag opened and not closed or a tag closed with no opening tag, or a tag that is written slightly incorrectly (one character missing or in the wrong place). I would like to be able to run my HTML through the application and have the program fix tag typos for me. Are there any programs like that out there. Notepad++ don't cut it, cuz it does not find errors for me.

  • Re: ruby html (or xhtml) forms class...
    ... xx is a library designed to extend ruby objects with html, xhtml, and xml ... xml or xhtml as clean looking and natural as ruby it self. ... attributes may be passed to any tag method as either symbol or string. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: CSS Safari Problem (Mac)
    ... indirectly quoted, ... anything to say on my point: mixing HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0 is clueless. ... The closed meta tag was copied and pasted from Google's Webmaster ... But since this is Usenet, many likely are aware that the theme song ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Dynamically assigning functions with parameters to events
    ... which in turn does the work at mouseover-time: ... `onmouseover' is an attribute of the `body' element in Valid HTML ... its start tag. ... That it works in a handful of ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: non-backtracking subexpression
    ... (The regex could be split in several lines once this message is ... Here the html element of interest is located. ... opening tag, closing tag, and the text in between the tags. ... This expression matches the opening tag. ...
  • wierd behavior in program
    ... I am reading a file with html tags in ... I read each tag and push it on the stack and pop it when I ... int degree; ...
    (comp.lang.c)