Looking for an application to help me write HTML

What I am interested in is not a WYSIWYG application but something like the old Hot Dog Pro (I think). Sometimes I have mistakes in my HTML like a tag opened and not closed or a tag closed with no opening tag, or a tag that is written slightly incorrectly (one character missing or in the wrong place). I would like to be able to run my HTML through the application and have the program fix tag typos for me. Are there any programs like that out there. Notepad++ don't cut it, cuz it does not find errors for me.
.