Re: HTML 5.0
- From: Spartanicus <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:19:11 GMT
Toby Inkster <usenet200512@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> HTML 5.0? What's the nature of this? What's the point? Are they
>> trying to rebel W3C? I thought XHTML 2.0 is the future.
>The HTML 5 authors are not trying to rebel against the W3C -- in fact,
>they're each *members* of the W3C.
Reading between the lines it seemed to me that the WHATWG was formed
partially out of frustration with W3C. Reading W3C's response to the Web
Forms 2.0 submission suggests that W3C in turn are not exactly happy
with this "break-off" initiative:
Structures like W3C are imo hopelessly inefficient with regard to
language innovations. If initiatives like the WHATWG can deliver better
progress without causing a rift then more power to them please.
- Prev by Date: Re: HTML 5.0
- Next by Date: Re: HTML 5.0
- Previous by thread: Re: HTML 5.0
- Next by thread: Re: HTML 5.0