Re: How to avoid a space when doing a line break

> From: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> "Stefan Mueller" <seekware-remove-@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Therefore I don't like to write
>> Please click here: (<a href = "next.html">link</a>)
>> --> Output: Please click here: (link)
>
> "Output"? HTML is not a programming language.

OP just means that you put stuff in the html source page and the
browser displays it thus. The image is perhaps of a sausage
machine: put something in one bit and get something else out of
another bit. Input and output. If anyone - anyone at all on
alt.html - finds this helpful, please send me a nice postcard.

--
dorayme

  • Re: What is the learning curve for PHP?
    ... HTML properly either. ... Books become ... HTML is not a programming language at all -- it's a data format, ... but isn't militant about making you use it like Java is. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: a language is a language
    ... What do you consider a programming language and why? ... Turing machine whereas HTML cannot. ... the total number of possile machine states ... hack uses a separate physical Web page for each logical Web page, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: What is the learning curve for PHP?
    ... HTML is not a programming language at all -- it's a data format, ... a data format, it's not a programming language, it's a Markup Language. ... from a second compiled form called byte code which depends on the JVM ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: A programming language is...
    ... >> Just as a makefile is a method of storing rules. ... > Agreed about HTML. ... HTML is not a programming language because it doesn't ... Completely pure data stands for itself. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: A case for HTML as a programming language
    ... programs, whereas HTML cannot. ... HTML-plus-something may be a real programming language. ... Note that with a static-linked-page system such as HTML, the cost goes ...
    (comp.programming)