Re: A few questions and a critique request

In article <ta8rl1dnc3p7a15u2o026oc82tcffk5mde@xxxxxxx>,
sagejoshua <sagejoshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:50:23 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Validation doesn't make compatible sites across all browsers.
> >And that's forgetting the ancient ones which I do.
>
> What do you mean?

Well, it's certainly hard to tell from what I said. I meant that
validation does not guarantee that sites will look acceptable for all
browsers. Older browsers will give poorer results to newer CSS
constructs. Newer browsers can nail your idea or suck badly.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

  • Re: OT: Sandman and Snit come to an agreement. I welcome others to join.
    ... validation is just a matter of fixing them. ... In the end, though, you are right that having just a few CSS files ... Validation helps make sure sites work well on multiple browsers ... takes a Message-ID and creates a google link for it. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Is ASP.NET really as good as they claim? (No, this isnt a tro
    ... mrmac presents two browser related issues: client-side validation and HTML ... Microsoft in general has not made the most feature rich web controls. ... BrowserCapabilities for all of the modern browsers. ...
  • Re: Browser problems with Familysearch.org
    ... there is no recognisable doctype in the document so validator.w3.org ... Here are the 4 errors and the minimum common browsers ... W3 validation wouldn't require it, ... > indicate that a web master is on duty with his/her brain engaged and the ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: valid html strict
    ... likelihood of being supported fully in future browsers. ... browser vendors a uniform set of supportable standards, and developers an ... As for the validation saying anything about the developer's quality, ...
  • Re: Non IE browser compatibility.
    ... ASP.NET only recognizes IE browsers as "uplevel". ... overcomes the problems called "Professional Validation And More". ... particular interest is that it provides client-side validation on IE, ...