Re: submitting forms over get

Merlin wrote:
Hi there,

I am wondering how it is possible to submit forms over get and to get clean urls like on a9. For example:
http://a9.com/test

When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
/index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8

Any ideas how to prevent this?

Have a look at their code, they use a piece of JS: <form onsubmit="...">

What JS does is it constructs an URL out of "a9.com" and the search box's text, then redirects the browser there. So they're not using GET or POST, it's a roll-your-own way.

Of course, if JS fails, the "classic" url constructed via GET (e.g. a9.com/?searchBox=test) must still be supported by their server-side script.

Don't see what you gain by it and why you'd want to go to the extra trouble of implementing it.
.