Re: Hex Color Codes - Hex 6 <=> Hex 3
- From: Neredbojias <neredbojias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:21:07 -0700
With neither quill nor qualm, Steve Pugh quothed:
> Neredbojias wrote:
> > With neither quill nor qualm, Kevin Scholl quothed:
> > > > Or should I simply use basic rounding to change Hex6 to Hex3 (ie
> > > > #A1B7C9 becomes #ABD).
> > >
> > > Actually, #9BC would be closer.
> > How do you figure that?
> ABD = AABBDD
> 9BC = 99BBCC
> A1 = 161, AA = 170, 99 = 153
> hence A1 is closer to 99 than AA
> C9 = 201, DD = 221, CC = 204
> hence C9 is closer to CC than DD
> So #9BC would be the closest Hex3 version of #A1B7C9
Duh, yeah, I do that all the time. #abd is *not* #a0b0d0, it's #aabbdd.
I will write that in a complete sentence 500 times on notebook paper as
soon as I disconnect.
Contrary to popular belief, it is believable.
- Prev by Date: Re: Domain Forwarding
- Next by Date: Re: Now take a look...
- Previous by thread: Re: Hex Color Codes - Hex 6 <=> Hex 3
- Next by thread: table width?