Re: Recommend a manual watch
- From: "Jack Denver" <nunuvyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:51:06 -0400
They seem to list the USA as a destination, with 40 EU for shipping Fedex.
They also say that they've included VAT in the price. They should take that
off if they are sending the watch to the US, but they don't appear to.
I'm not sure I'd pay 340 EURO (over $400 US) for a simple 2824 based watch
on a leather strap, even if it is nicely designed. At some point the price
no longer bears any relationship to the manufacturing cost . Of course Rolex
&its Swiss "luxury" friends passed that point a LONG time ago and Stowa is
only a modest offender.
<sqidbait@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Moka Java wrote:
The Stowa Antea is a beautiful watch and I'd be happy to own one.[snip]
Unfortunately, I never see them for sale. The Stowa watches that I do
see for sale cost much more than the 300 EU price you quote. So, in
theory, the Stowa is a great buy.
You can get an Antea for that from Stowa's online shop.
I don't know if this URL will work, but...
- Prev by Date: Re: Seiko battery life
- Next by Date: Re: Seiko battery life
- Previous by thread: Re: Recommend a manual watch
- Next by thread: Re: Recommend a manual watch