Re: cellphones taking over watches
- From: "Anthony Fremont" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:03:22 -0500
"Jack Denver" wrote:
This just shows that it is a generational thing - our(great)grandfathers
felt exactly the same way about their pocket watches. Some kept upwearing
pocket watches until they died, even after most people had switched towrist
watches. But few in the next generation carried on the tradition - theman"
longer this went on, the more "pocket watch" was associated with "old
and the less young people wanted anything to do with wearing one.Nothing
stays the same forever.
That may be the case for one or two generations, but the next will
likely pick it back up IMO. Kids today opting for vintage cigarette
lighters instead of the "normal" plastic disposable models. Art Deco
watches seem to be in high demand today as well. How about those
platform shoes that we've been seeing allot of? I believe that
fad/fashions perpetually repeat themselves. Watches will forever be,
more or less. ;-) It's the cellphones that are going to take a
permanent hike. PDA's with PC/GPS/cellular capability will eventually
win that battle.
- Prev by Date: Re: cellphones taking over watches
- Next by Date: Re: cellphones taking over watches
- Previous by thread: Re: cellphones taking over watches
- Next by thread: Re: cellphones taking over watches