ETA 955 412 analog quartz runs very slow

What would be the symptoms of a poorly connected battery in an ETA 955
412 analog quartz watch?

Daughter got one at a garage sale. Not running. I fitted a new
battery. It ran perfectly for two months. Then suddenly started to
lose up to 40 minutes in 12 hours. No jumping in the second hand, to
indicate a low battery - but perhaps that movement does not have that
warning.

Checked battery. Voltage as new.

Now I have put battery back. Watch is running fine for now.

Unless I have unknowingly put right some other problem by opening up
the watch, I can only assume that the battery was poorly connected to
the terminals, thereby causing resistance. Yet the terminals were
clean and in fact gold plated.

What would be the symptoms of a battery that was poorly connected to
the terminals?

Any other suggestions?

  • Re: Wittnauer litium longlife battery?
    ... I'm sorta surprised that Wittnauer has a relatively reasonably priced kit to replace defunct battery in the Longlife. ... At that price they strike me as a pretty good deal even if the battery goes dead and you must trash the watch after 10 years or so (or spend another $80 on a kit). ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Wittnauer litium longlife battery?
    ... I'm not quite sure what's going on with these Xemex watches. ... But I doubt this makes much of a difference in a quartz watch ... kit to replace defunct battery in the Longlife. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Wittnauer litium longlife battery?
    ... It's a nice bracelet for $54 and I can change to a strap easily enough. ... I suspect that the watches on that website are NOS and may be several years old. ... But I doubt this makes much of a difference in a quartz watch as long as the battery has not leaked. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Wittnauer litium longlife battery?
    ... I suspect that the watches on that website are NOS and may be several years ... Now that you point it out, the watch does look like a Tag, but the Tag looks ... to replace defunct battery in the Longlife. ... In a Wittnauer Longlife the lithium cell will last 20 years; ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Battery for Allenby watch
    ... even if the watch was a 50/50 proposition it ... I have to say that even though these watches are being ... I'd insist on a fresh battery. ... the seller would have to deal with the consequences if the ...
    (alt.horology)