Watches Passe for the Young
- From: Fayum@xxxxxxxxx (M Dombek)
- Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:19:11 -0600
Was wondering what kind of watch I should get for a niece as her high
school graduation present. Not having a clue as to fashions popular for
girls (other than how important it is to them) I thought to ask my
sister what her daughter might like.
I was told to not waste my money. "Mark,,, girls these days don't wear
watches anymore. When they want to know the time, they check their cell
phones". Surprised I was not. Remembering that I had bought a wristwatch
for my nephew a couple of years earlier and have never seen him wear it
Appears that the cell phone has replaced the wrist watch as the subtle
status symbol to be shown off, and not noticed (as was covered in an
earlier thread today).
Another icon being cast off by youth and modern 'culture',, along with
wearing jeans and t-shirts to the opera and symphony. Oh, well!
- Prev by Date: Re: 2842 v. 2824 ?
- Next by Date: Re: Seiko 5
- Previous by thread: Clock movement
- Next by thread: Re: Watches Passe for the Young