Re: Rolex warranty myth?

"Frank Adam" <fajp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qrq7p15lbenloh5769lrnmndto5rq0gghe@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:56:20 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
> <fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Rolex is the Merc and Lexus, the Caprice could be an Ebel, the
>>> Commodores are the Seikos and Citizens..
>>
>>Seikos and Citizens are the Toyota Camrys that suffer abuse for years and
>>keep ticking. Commodores have appauling build quality.
>>
> As opposed to what ? They only have to compete against Ford and that's
> certainly not a hard job.
>
> All Aussie cars are still lacking if you compare them to a comparable
> models from Europe. I used to have heaps of fun when i bothered to pay
> to go to the Motor Shows and point out to the reps that the gaps
> between the body panels were quite uneven. Then you'd walk over and
> look at a Merc or BMW and hey, they must have owned a vernier caliper
> for at least the show car.

In the old days you could. Merc and BMW are no longer in the lead of build
quality. Lexus and Honda are 2 of the main players. Aussie cars are
terrible. If the Japs made a big RWD car they would sell like hotcakes over
here.

Fraser

  • Re: Rolex warranty myth?
    ... >> Commodores are the Seikos and Citizens.. ... Commodores have appauling build quality. ... look at a Merc or BMW and hey, they must have owned a vernier caliper ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Talk about "Fucking the Troops Around"
    ... movie about them most of the Country will continue to watch Oprah, ... It's coming out *recently.* I wrote to a major paper three years ago ... being a scumbag merc. ... citizens who were willing to step up and make a sacrifice, ...
    (rec.bicycles.racing)