Question: Ladies Tag-Heuer Link Series Issue

My wife's Link series is doing something wierd with the second hand.
The watch continues to keep time correctly, but the second hand no
longer continously ticks. It will pause for roughly 4-5 seconds, then
skip 4-5 seconds on the face. It repeats this same pattern over and
over. THe watch is just outside the two year warranty period, and I
was hoping the battery simply needs to be replaced. However, I have a
Link series that is going strong on 5 years without replacing the
battery....

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

-mike

  • Re: hacking a non hack
    ... Does the balance wheel keep oscillating when slight back ... pressure is applied to "retard" or hold back the second hand? ... hand backwards. ... actually shifting the minute hand and the watch will slow to a stop. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Anyone here able to identify this watch?
    ... It's actually easier to make a watch with sub seconds, ... second hand has to be geared and pinioned to the center bit. ... What you are describing is the older "indirect seconds" design, ... with chronometer rating potential either way. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: How do Vostoks rate?
    ... FIrst, when you pull out the stem to set the time, the second hand does ... I would still by the watch again. ... I've read a very few opinions about them being crapola. ... dials instead of all those goofy pictures on the dials. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: hacking a non hack
    ... Does the balance wheel keep oscillating when slight back ... pressure is applied to "retard" or hold back the second hand? ... hand backwards. ... actually shifting the minute hand and the watch will slow to a stop. ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Cheapest swiss in the world....?
    ... "Automatique" is theFrench for automatic. ... to set the watch, the hour, minute and second hand all stop turning. ... If you stop the watch with the second hand on the twelve, ... Inexpensive mechanical Japanese watches (Seiko ...
    (alt.horology)