Re: How did we know what time it was?!
- From: "wee-meng lee" <leewm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:53:51 +0800
"Jack Denver" <nunuvyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I don't see how a paper sundial would be of any use in setting a clock to
> anything near the correct time.
I would think it is quite possible. I was plesantly surprised that a
crudely made paper sundial could display the local time quite closely as
I swear that I did not cheat by calibrating the paper sundial with my watch
but just used a compass to set the direction.
If the equation of time correction is included, it'll be even more accurate:
- Prev by Date: Re: Omega Seamaster Suggestions
- Next by Date: Re: Omega Seamaster Suggestions
- Previous by thread: Re: How did we know what time it was?!
- Next by thread: How did we know what time it was? History of Time Keeping