OT Building new computer (DIY)

Seeking opinions of current parts.

CPU

Motherboard

Hard Drive (SATA)

DVD (SATA)

Monitor

A friend ask me to build him a new system. (no problem)

Windows 7 ? clean install...

If you've built a system in the last year or two or had one built for
you I would appreciate your comments.

Just the above parts are what I'm interested in. Been awhile since I
built mine :-\

My work for him is free -- start to finish.

  • Re: Advice on Asus board for new system
    ... I just built my first system using an M2N-SLI Deluxe and I'm happy ... It's more geared to SATA than IDE. ... Good onboard sound - For no more than I use the audio, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: OT Building new computer (DIY)
    ... > Hard Drive (SATA) ... > A friend ask me to build him a new system. ... > If you've built a system in the last year or two or had one built for ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Only 3 PCI slots?
    ... connections built in with 8 on board and two on the back of the PC. ... can plug in SATA II hard drives right into the back on my PC ... SATA II allows for more than 1 drive per SATA connector. ... Most things I need I can plug in USB. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: OT Building new computer (DIY)
    ... Hard Drive (SATA) ... Windows 7? ... clean install... ... If you've built a system in the last year or two or had one built for ...
    (alt.home.repair)