Swamp cooler questions

I got a nearly new large swamp cooler today for $25. It needs new pads, and
has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. The rest of the
paint throughout looks very good. It has a one horse two speed motor, and
is downdraft.

What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? I have
already gone over them with an electric grinder with a cup knot brush, and
have the corrosion and flaking paint cleaned off. Do they make special
concoctions for swamp coolers?

Steve

  • Re: Swamp cooler questions
    ... has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. ... What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? ... etc sells paint specifically for coolers. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Swamp cooler questions
    ... has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. ... What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? ... also made for coolers by same mfr. ... butyled over the drain hole, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Swamp cooler questions
    ... has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. ... What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? ... etc sells paint specifically for coolers. ... water made them full of white crud, and over the winter, the pads ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Swamp cooler questions
    ... has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. ... have the corrosion and flaking paint cleaned off. ... butyled over the drain hole, ... can be turned over so the water can drain thru them. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Swamp cooler questions
    ... has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. ... What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? ... etc sells paint specifically for coolers. ... It was mounted on a flat surface, ...
    (alt.home.repair)