door jamb question

Refer to these pics in the URL below and in particular where the tape
is near the bottom of the door jamb. Can I just splice out say 6" of
the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to
replace the entire jamb? Meanwhile I did a work in progress spackle
job where the wood rotted (taped areas) to make it somewhat
presentable till I decide how to really fix it.

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/Public/

What size wood(s) is used for the jamb here?

  • Re: door jamb question
    ... is near the bottom of the door jamb. ... the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: door jamb question
    ... is near the bottom of the door jamb. ... the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to ... Can you cut out the bottom and replace just the rotted sections? ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: door jamb question
    ... is near the bottom of the door jamb. ... the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to ... Can you cut out the bottom and replace just the rotted sections? ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: door jamb question
    ... is near the bottom of the door jamb. ... the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to ...   Meanwhile I did a work in progress spackle ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Lock plate question
    ... plate on the door jamb is screwed into the jamb where you would expect ... Anyway to get that off w/o tearing off (and probably tearing ... Why would you want to change the strike plate? ...
    (alt.home.repair)