The most unsafe car ever?

"Never mind the fact that this is a Ford Pinto, a car that has been plagued
by safety issues throughout its life, most notably a serious rear fire
hazard. No, it's the incredible state of disarray that this Pinto was found
in that makes it perhaps the most unsafe car we have ever come across."

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/unsafe-ford-pinto-minnesota/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058?test=latestnews

I prefer to think of it as a "project" car. Though come to think on it, I've
never seen anyone fill their gas tank through the passenger-side window...

  • Re: SBCL just turned 1.0!
    ... {Car A: $100 ... If there exist other versions in between, then your argument fall apart, because the bottom could indeed hurt sales of the next-to-bottom, which would hurt sales of the next up the price ladder and so on right up to the fully loaded acura. ... SBCL is in no way comparable to a heavily used barely running poor condition Ford Pinto. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: OT someplace expensive
    ...  My best friend drove us to ... school in a Ford Pinto (remember the car that caught fire if there was a ... pre-med xray school, my fellow students and I drove all over FL to ... When I did get a car it was something you don't see ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: OT Anybody Used to "Cruise" main drags on weekends?
    ... school in a Ford Pinto (remember the car that caught fire if there was a ... pre-med xray school, my fellow students and I drove all over FL to ... When I did get a car it was something you don't see ... I had had "gas pack" muffler installed; friends and friends of friends ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Paging Beav
    ... a Ford Pinto which I detested so much I ripped the driver's door off ... I wasn't that impressed with my Avenger ... Lousy car but quite a decent 2 litre diesel engine which could, ... Montego Estates used to be quite sought after, ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Falling out of my pocket.....
    ... Sue wrote: ... I just bought a newcar and it's so clean inside. ... Did you go with the pink 1974 Ford Pinto? ... No bells ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)