RF noise in the home

Back in HVAC discussing noisy variable speed fans. Looking at CB and
amateur 10/11 meter bands. I have to turn ac off to get good noise levels.
Turned cb on yesterday. New noise. Sssss pow. Sssss pow. Constant interval
, S3 level. Take portable cb around house. Strange places where it showed
up, with no sensible answers. Go outside, getting stronger near poles. Walk
up street, getting stronger. Top of hill, 300 feet from house, signal
stronger.

off breakers. Got it. Goes to kitchen/ dinning area. Start pulling plugs.
Look on breaker chart. One more near laptop area. Look down at sears
lithium battery charger, no battery inserted. Pull plug. No noise. Question
is, I'll have to go back up the street and check. Neighbors may also have
similar devices.

Greg

  • Noise Shut Me Down
    ... intermittently but now it is going constant and stronger that ever. ... the power at the main breaker box to my house and walked around with a ... portable AM radio that uses a ferrite rod built in. ... The noise still showed ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: "Beam Me Up, Scotty" (Beamus) AM Transmitter -- first prototype
    ... and doesn't always have even the power cord connected since that's ... noise here is sometimes so bad I can barely receive even the strongest ... local stations and I know that's nothing in the house because I've ... just a heck of a lot simpler to flip the mains. ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: noisy central air, whooshing noise inside wall?
    ... air heating system with central AC. ... Based on where I hear the noise, it seems to be the piping coming from the ... I assumed this was normal (I've never owned a house with central AC ... which means air in the freon pipes. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: opinion on toddler
    ... year and have spent several three day periods together at her house. ... I've watched the lack of action on the parents part ... When all the noise stops, they go in and move him to the bed and then ... She claimed that the child would be in time-out ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Mysterious Noises
    ... three years ago, in the house of John Spence, boat-carpenter, ... been accustomed to make when driving nails into the boat. ... The noise ceased ... from it, although no marks of strokes could be decerned, ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)