Gap at bottom of door

I'm in the process of re-painting my front door and adjusting the
glass pane in the door.

When I took off the bottom cover on the door I discovered yet another
trick the builder used to cut costs and rip me off.

There is A GAPING ONE INCH GAP between the bottom of the door and the
metal panel that it closes onto !!!

The plastic cover at the bottom of the door has served little more
than a visual finishing.
Cold and noise have obviously been coming in through that gap for
years.

I don't know what type of door it is metal/wood?
But whatever is the cheapest available, that's it! :(

I would like to close that one inch gap as best as possible.

Can anyone suggest the best method?

TIA

  • Re: shimming door hinge
    ...  There was a gap along the bottom of the latch side. ... latch side of the door needed to be lifted about 1/8" to make the door ... fit better into the frame. ... pushig the hinge out about 1/8". ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: shimming door hinge
    ...  There was a gap along the bottom of the latch side. ... latch side of the door needed to be lifted about 1/8" to make the door ... fit better into the frame. ... pushig the hinge out about 1/8". ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Door panel removal- how?
    ... Look for a screw in the lever that opens the door (in the plastic under ... the lever) and then look at the bottom of the arm rest. ... Also, if there is a 'cup' in the armrest used to close the door, look at ... Safety glasses are particularly recommended for this method, as the clip ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: Bifold Door Pivot Issue
    ... The bottom door pivot is angled outwards to get the front of the door ... close to the trim at the bottom of the door when it's closed. ... screw is loose or there is something under the bracket pushing it out (looks ...