Cutting concrete patio?

Here's the situation. I have a stamped concrete patio where
the concrete apparently was not finished off with the proper
consisten pitch so that water will drain. There are two areas
where pools of water remain after the rain. Both of these
happen to be in areas where there are relief cuts in the
concrete. It appears that these cuts only go about half way
through the concrete. Which makes sense I guess, since
for the purpose of relief cuts that is sufficient.

So, my idea is to cut them the rest of the way through in the
area of the puddles so the water can then drain. I'm thinking
about 10 ft or so is all I need in total and I'm thinking about
using a circular saw with either a diamond blade or else one
of those abrasive saw blades that also say they will cut
concrete. The difference is the diamond blade is $40, while
the abrasive ones are $6. I obviously don't care if it takes
a bit longer with the abrasive blade, but I don't want to have
to go through 4 blades and have it take 3 hours either. I think
we can assume the remaining concrete is about 2" thick.

Any thoughts? Anyone do anything similar with one of
the abrasive type blades? Thanks.

  • Re: Shorter Oars
    ... accelerations & decelerations of relative velocity between boat & crew. ... Or shorter strokes but more of them? ... Your blade stays in the water for a time dependent on boat speed & arc ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)
  • Re: Evers-Swindell technique
    ... The blade motion in the water is diagonal in the vertical ... Whether technique dictated oar design, ... envision technique it is with sweep blades. ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)
  • Re: Technique doesnt matter?
    ... I think my 'bladework' is your 'blade style' and my 'technique' is ... All the input work is given to moving the vehicle (accelerating its mass & overcoming all the other energy sapping process surrounding a moving vehicle). ... In an ideal world the water around the blade would bean inviscid but incredibly dense fluid. ... If the water now becomes a real fluid, of normal viscosity & density, then real fluid-dynamic consequences act to reduce propulsive efficiency by providing ways for energy to be lost from propulsion. ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)
  • Re: backing down
    ... try to learn to slow the boat first w/ both blades before you learn ... Keep the blade shallow initially, ... then do the hold water to turn. ... The correct way to do this is to reverse square the blades (i.e. flip ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)
  • Re: Instances of Sinking
    ... I actually recovered the blade and thought we had escaped, ... turned around to see my partner sitting in their boat grinning.... ... out of the water, get out of the water", but then realised self rescue ... realised my spoon was no longer on the end of my oar. ...
    (rec.sport.rowing)