More about paint

Thanks for the previous answers on paint.

Another question, I'm wanting a ceiling white, but not in flat. Local BM
store says most people paint their ceilings, instead of washing them. The
don't carry ceiling white, in an eggshell or satin finish. I don't mind
cleaning ceilings, rather do that instead of painting them when they're
dirty. I realize a satin finish while show flaws more than flat. I plan on
having an antique look of knock down texture.

So to the question, does anyone reading this have their ceilings in a
satin/eggshell finish? Or, am I just some kind of nut?

Many thanks.

.