Squirrel problem solved - at cost

"A New Jersey man could be facing jail time after he allegedly shot and
killed squirrels he said were invading his home ? and then hung them on a
fence."

With pic of squirrel carcasses hung out to dry:
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/nj-man-arrested-for-shooting-backyard-squirrels.html

Aside:
In addition to whatever laws the above story's malefactor broke, squirrels
are considered game animals and there are definite seasons during which they
may be harvested. This tid-bit of knowledge may help you with your insurance
if the company says they don't pay for vermin damage.

  • Re: clever squirrel
    ... hanging by his toe nails from the trunk and hanging on to the feeder ... I had a similar problem to yours - I had it hung such that the ... squirrels could hold on to the branch with their hind feet and reach the ...
    (rec.birds)
  • Re: clever squirrel
    ... hanging by his toe nails from the trunk and hanging on to the feeder ... I had a similar problem to yours - I had it hung such that the ... squirrels could hold on to the branch with their hind feet and reach the ...
    (rec.birds)
  • Re: Feeders versus the critters
    ... brave squirrel who apparently leaped about fifteen feet from the roof ... Years ago we set up a shepherd's crook with a fly through feeder suspended ... Then I hung a baffle from the hook and hung the ... the squirrels before they finally gave up. ...
    (rec.birds)