Electric paint sprayers

I saw an article on paint sprayers and wondered based on your
experience, which are the best for home use and why? I know most
serious painters don't consider electric but I figure just for home
use, it shouldn't be so bad. Things I'm thinking of ... ease of use,
cleanup, decent flowrate, availability of parts in case of repair,
etc... . Any gotchas when buying or using one of these?

Is it wise to consider it for painting inside a home with carpet /
furniture? Maybe a roller is still better??? Perhaps this is better
for outside use vs inside use? I know I spray painted a house inside
years ago with gas powered compressor and the prep work was a pain.
The paint job was gorgeous but we had to do the trim work by hand.
Back then, the house was missing the carpet so the floor was no
problem with the spray dust / mist.

  • Re: Paint overspray prevention?
    ... pressure and buy a tip that has a lower out put of paint to minimize ... If your neighbors house is a single story you might buy a roll of very ... Painters do this every day. ... mentioned to our neighbor that I was planning to use it to paint our ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • An Eagle Project...
    ... Eagle Project that has been done here several times and with which you ... Scouts I know in 3 different communities have painted house numbers on ... I also suggest wearing plastic gloves by the painters. ... Since the curb is city property they could be ...
    (rec.scouting.usa)
  • Re: Electric paint sprayers
    ... serious painters don't consider electric but I figure just for home ... the house was missing the carpet so the floor was no ... good sprayer for the cost? ... roller leaves a very nice finish. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Paint overspray prevention?
    ... the side of their house. ... Painters do this every day. ... mentioned to our neighbor that I was planning to use it to paint our ... overspray would pollute their new-last-year vinyl siding. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: BABYLON 5 RPG [Mongoose] - Cannon?
    ... Good painters are always welcome! ... We were trying to finish the railing on the front porch on one house ... Dad made a mark ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)