"Steve B" <steveb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:joffiq$5q1$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

"Doug Miller" <doug_at_milmac_dot_com@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:XnsA04E6B9F73121dougmilmaccom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Steve B" <steveb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:jodtcs$sod$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

What's a good brand of chainsaw?

Stihl or Husqvarna.

I've found, over the years, that most of the time when a person tells
me
that [most-expensive
brand] is the only brand of [object] that's worth buying, he's not
trying
to convince *me* of that.

He's trying to reassure *himself* that he didn't waste his money when
he
bought his.

Actually, what reinforces my belief that I bought a good chain saw
(Husky)
is hearing all the whiners who are looking for a new chain saw after
one
or
two or three years of normal use with their el cheapo chain saws.

Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that.

You're right, Doug. You're always right. I mean, you wrote it, so it
must
be right. And you just keep on sawing two branches a year with your
little
saw, there. Anyone who cuts more than a cord a winter knows the real
skinny
about chain saws. The rest are just occasional users, and any old thing
will work.

If you only cut a cord a year, you wasted your money.

FWIW, I just finished cutting up a fallen tree in my back yard, a large
cherry about 60 years
old. We had to haul close to half of it to the dump because it was full of
termites. After
splitting and stacking the rest, it amounts to around 2/3 cord -- would
have been over a cord,
definitely, if the wood had all been sound. The saw? A 16" Poulan that I
bought at Lowe's
about ten years ago -- which, according to you, is just a toy.

Conclusion: you're FOS.

That is what I love about things. You can choose what you want. Shit or
good products.

You're the expert on the former, apparently. Some day, perhaps you will learn you can get
the latter without spending top dollar.

Or perhaps you won't.

  • Re: Chain saw brand
    ... Stihl or Husqvarna. ... brand] is the only brand of that's worth buying, ... what reinforces my belief that I bought a good chain saw ... Anyone who cuts more than a cord a winter knows the real skinny about chain saws. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Chain saw brand
    ... brand] is the only brand of that's worth buying, ... two or three years of normal use with their el cheapo chain saws. ... Anyone who cuts more than a cord a winter knows the real skinny ... A 16" Poulan that I bought at Lowe's ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Chain saw brand
    ... What's a good brand of chainsaw? ... what reinforces my belief that I bought a good chain saw ... two or three years of normal use with their el cheapo chain saws. ... If you only cut a cord a year, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Chain saw brand
    ... What's a good brand of chainsaw? ... what reinforces my belief that I bought a good chain saw ... two or three years of normal use with their el cheapo chain saws. ... If you only cut a cord a year, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: To everybody
    ... In the last 14 years I have bought three brand name ... through blood sweat and tears that brand name tech support ... Dell is the first package I'd consider ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)