Re: Old paint bleeds through? ? ?

On May 4, 11:42 am, "Attila.Iskander" <Attila.Iskan...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
"Ray" <rayj.b...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:8pOor.3808$YB6.1615@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I live in a 90-year-old house where the doors have been painted numerous
times.

In several places, no matter how much primer and topcoats I use,
eventually a pale pink begins to come through the white. I can recoat, and
the same thing happens.

Suggestions welcome.

Have fun stripping the doors down to the wood and either repainting them
finishing them some other way
By the way, If the doors are as old as the house, you should seriously
consider stripping them them.

I would try Kilz stain blocking primer on a test section.
If it works, you're good to go. On the other hand if the
doors are a mess and could use stripping, that's
another alternative.

  • another crappy day
    ... it isn't his fault but it is very frustrating. ... always with him but it meant less time for the door stripping. ... lifeline to a somewhat normal existence. ... doors for the wardrobe, but what with all of the above preparation has ...
    (alt.support.mult-sclerosis)
  • Doors needed for MOT?
    ... I know that some military Landies never had doors, but can't find any examples of ordinary 88" Landies being road legal without. ... I have a donor vehicle that I started stripping down to use its chassis as a basis for restoring an old Series 2A. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.misc)
  • Re: Old paint bleeds through? ? ?
    ... In several places, no matter how much primer and topcoats I use, eventually a pale pink begins to come through the white. ... I can recoat, ... Have fun stripping the doors down to the wood and either repainting them finishing them some other way ... By the way, If the doors are as old as the house, you should seriously consider stripping them them. ...
    (alt.home.repair)