Re: Old paint bleeds through? ? ?

On May 4, 11:42 am, "Attila.Iskander" <Attila.Iskan...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
"Ray" <rayj.b...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:8pOor.3808$YB6.1615@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I live in a 90-year-old house where the doors have been painted numerous
times.

In several places, no matter how much primer and topcoats I use,
eventually a pale pink begins to come through the white. I can recoat, and
the same thing happens.

Suggestions welcome.

Have fun stripping the doors down to the wood and either repainting them
finishing them some other way
By the way, If the doors are as old as the house, you should seriously
consider stripping them them.

I would try Kilz stain blocking primer on a test section.
If it works, you're good to go. On the other hand if the
doors are a mess and could use stripping, that's
another alternative.
.