Re: 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...
- From: "HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 07:43:43 -0600
Best post yet heybub. I take it you are fromTexas?
Yep. For many generations. I had a great-grandfather who fought on the
Confederate side during the recent unplesantness.
That's not to say I'm parochial; I've been all over the world and parts of
south Georgia. I'm continually surprised at local customs:
* In Milwaukee, the serve beer chasers with cocktails
* In New York, distance is measured in minutes of travel at a fast walk
("It's three minutes that way").
* Hamburgers are served in the UK, but they're made of lamb and have
cucumbers instead of tomato.
And others are somewhat surprised at Texas facts:
* El Paso is closer to California than it is to Houston.
* Houston is closer to Florida than it is to El Paso.
* At 700,000 sq km, Texas is 5 times larger than England, and a bit larger
* I live in the largest city in the nation (maybe the world) with no zoning.
- Prev by Date: Re: Priming/Sealing drywall before wallpapering
- Next by Date: Re: Trying to "fix" ceramic tile...
- Previous by thread: Re: 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...
- Next by thread: Re: 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...