news:Yh%rj.3931$7d1.3782@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"SteveC" <stevecornick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:47b07fff$0$4037$9a566e8b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Edwin Pawlowski" <esp@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:HUZrj.2938$J93.2823@xxxxxxxxxxx

"SteveC" <stevecornick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:47b0434a$0$4046$9a566e8b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First Question:
We have a Oil Fired Furnace supplying our domestic hot water.

No you don't. You have a boiler. Furnaces heat air, boilers heat water.

We are finding little partiles of like rust/sand in the water. Is
there a filter made for hot water? What brand is the best?

Second Question:
We are finding not a lot of pressure in the hot water. Is there a pump
you can add to the hot water outlet side to increase pressure? We are
on an artisan well if that matters.

You have other problems, likely a clogged coil. That explains the
particles in the water as well as the low pressure. I don't know if
they can be cleaned out or if it has to be replaced. If it is old,
chances are it is shot.

thanks for the reply, but I knew something was wrong with coil in my
"BOILER", but you still never answered my questions.

Steve

Bottom posting will help this discussion progress more smoothly.

Edwin probably assumed you had the ability to extrapolate from what he
said to the next logical idea: You need to first determine if the coil is
the problem, and then fix it if necessary. Adding a filter will just mask
the real problem.

Water pressure: Did the problems coincide with the debris problem?

I'm fine with masking the problem until i have to fix the problem, $300 is
not in my budget right now.

Yes and No about the depris. A number of things happened. My plumber
installed a water softener and at the same time screwed around with the
pressure tank's pressure settings, i'm not sure what the problem is. Could
be the water softener, pressure tank or clogged coil.

  • Help with atmospheric water vapor partial pressure experiment.
    ... pressure of water vapor in air via a non-electronic or psychrometric ... nipple of the Salvason tube is connected to one leg of the water ... Salvason tube is half filled with pure water and then a piece of filter ... steady state differential pressure of the filter paper, ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: Help with atmospheric water vapor partial pressure experiment.
    ... pressure of water vapor in air via a non-electronic or psychrometric ... nipple of the Salvason tube is connected to one leg of the water ... Salvason tube is half filled with pure water and then a piece of filter ... steady state differential pressure of the filter paper, ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: continuation of pressure vs temp in a PIDed HX
    ... interested in steam boiler temperature per se, ... But since it is the hot water that gives rise to the steam pressure, ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Radiator / furnace problem
    ... the system needs water. ... pressure is achieved. ... The safety blow valve is set to blow at 35psi. ... expansion tank pressure seems to match the boiler pressure. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Laurentis single group rejuvination
    ... It turns on, the boiler fills, ... The steam wand and Americano wand ... lever it seems that just a trickle of water goes through. ... water from my ice maker's 1/4" valve and there is not enough pressure? ...
    (alt.coffee)