Heating vent on suspended ceiling

The ceiling of my basement is now drywall. It's been intentionally broken up
for many times during the 40 years, like running cables and phone lines. I'm
going to change it dropped ceiling. But a headache is how to handle the
heating vents. The rectangle shape metal vents are right at the joists
(vertical position). The new suspended ceiling will be a few inches of
lower. My thought is to bring the vent lower by adding an extension, and
make a rectangle hole on ceiling tile, and place a cover. Hopefully, I can
find the same shape of metal duct as the extension in HomeDepot. Any advice
appreciated.

John

  • Re: [way ot] attic venting question
    ... It isn't really "attic" venting because we don't have a real attic, ... have scissor trusses and a whatchamacallit ceiling. ... need to put in some gable vents. ... the amount of moisture that comes in through ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: pre winter wood stove circulation question
    ... >>Put the vents in the ceiling. ... Forget the air handler. ... Buy some 12"x4" floor registers with dampers from Home Depot, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: How much can soffit vents help?
    ... In summer if your ceiling is warm there is no convection (warm air ... 3'x3' gable vents in each end of the house. ... The walkout basement family room and bedroom are always a good 15 degrees ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Heating vent on suspended ceiling
    ... That will reduce vibration issues and allow more flexibility when installing them. ... Normally I like to avoid those flexible vents because they don't handle as much air, but in this case I believe they are the best solution. ... The new suspended ceiling will be a few inches of lower. ... My thought is to bring the vent lower by adding an extension, and make a rectangle hole on ceiling tile, and place a cover. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Woodstove Heat Circulation
    ... Stove is in livingroom. ... Planning of putting small vents ... in the ceiling to vent warm air into 2nd story rooms. ... Plan is to put this vent in the hall ceiling outside the ...
    (alt.home.repair)