Hydrokinetix Heating System

Recently bought a house with a hyrdokinetix heating system, which
utilizes a water storage tank it heats at night during off-peak hours
for hot water to heat up the coils in the blower. There is also a
heat/AC heat pump outside. I assume one of these is the primary and
the other the secondary heating system.

What type of regular maintenance needs to be performed on the
hydrokinetix tank? I am guessing a metal tank could rust, so should I
use some sort of rust inhibitor?

Information on these systems seems hard to find, so any comments or
tips are appreciated.

Thanks.

  • Re: Tankless Hot Water Heaters
    ... Think about what happens to the heat when an empty pipe goes outside from ... This, however, would make the purely mechanical gas valve obsolete, in favor ... Electric water heaters (tank type) would obviate all this, ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Tankless Hot Water Heaters
    ... The tankless units have lots of moving parts / valves to adjust the ... I'm sticking with the tank type... ... I bought a 50 gal Sears 5 yr gas water ... degress and below outside..at which point the heat is instead sourced from ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: rectangular pressure vessel
    ... That precludes a propane or other such type tank. ... Hydro test to 1.5 operating pressure. ... It is for a hydronic hot water heating system, ... never heard of a "hydronic" heating system. ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: Logic of using a 30 gallon electric vs 9 KW tankless hot water heater.
    ... and cost more. ... heat faster. ... The main benefit of "tankless" or instantaneous water heaters is that ... Canada it took over two weeks for the tank to cool down, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Heating by water, water pressure
    ... A lot of factors determin the duration/percentage of time for which the stats call for heat. ... For example if you had a really massive heating system it might only have to be on for a few mins per hour to deliver the required power. ... If these two aren't equal the temperature will change until they are equal. ... If that lower temperature is below that set on the thermostats they will never be satisfied even if the boiler runs flat out all the time. ...
    (sci.physics)