Re: Tiling Narrow Hallway

"Greg Esres" <gesres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1173655194.093664.187640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hallway is 41 inches across. Using 12" tiles leaves very narrow tiles
on each side, which everyone agrees looks bad. Using 6" tiles *might*
enable me to use full tiles all the way across, but the consensus
seems to be that the smaller tiles create a "busy" look.

Anyone have ideas on how to make the 12" tiles look better?

Thanks

Put the tiles point to point instead of flat end to flat end? I guess this
would be called a diagonal pattern.

  • Re: Tiling over Concrete Basement floor
    ... I've done plenty of tiling on thinset over wood but the surface has ... always been flat, give or take very minor amounts. ... major variations from end to end and level the tiles as I go with ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Newbie about to embark on adventure
    ... To avoid any tensions building in the tiles, I would try to lay them flat. ...
    (rec.crafts.pottery)
  • Re: Removing linoleum
    ... Back in the '60s we used a Bernz-O-Matic to heat the tiles and ... Linoleum doesn't require much in the way of adhesive, ... flat on the bottom as the top. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Tiling Narrow Hallway
    ... Using 6" tiles *might* ... enable me to use full tiles all the way across, but the consensus ... Put the tiles point to point instead of flat end to flat end? ... The center line grout joint is also a acceptable option. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Tiling Narrow Hallway
    ... <<Put the tiles point to point instead of flat end to flat end? ... would be called a diagonal pattern. ... my first go-round. ...
    (alt.home.repair)