Re: How much PSI can this pump produce?

According to Stuart Benoff <benoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Sacramento Dave wrote:
"Stuart Benoff" <benoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:echg99$cgiq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Magnetek 1081 PB4 Booster Pump, 3/4 hp, 3450 rpm - part
#173840-20 attached to my pool to run a pool cleaner. I don't have the
official specs for it so would anyone know how to calculate how much PSI
this pump can/should produce?

Thank you.

I think most pumps are rated Gallons per minute GPM. pool system run at
a very low PSI 10 to 20.

That's interesting because the cleaner that it's attached to says that
it needs between 20 and 25 PSI for it to be completely effective. You'd
think that they would say between X and Y GPM?

Flow rate is dependent on PSI, so they pick the one that's of most
importance to the device to spec it. This device cares more about
pressure than flow rate.

With a freshly cleaned sand filter, my pool pump produces about
15PSI on the manifold's pressure guage. As the sand filter
gunks up, the pressure rises.

My pump will produce about 35PSI if the outlet is completely plugged.

[We've tee'd the discharge system into a fire hose. If you shut
the fire hose's nozzle off, pump pressure hits 35PSI.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

  • Re: Frame Pump
    ... pressure ends up between 45 and 60 psi. ... I often find it with 20 psi pressure. ... He could probably do as well with a wet towel around the pump and use ... it can certainly power a bicycle. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Water Pressure Range Question
    ... A 5 stage booster pump set to output 65 psi at the ... frictional losses in the pipework due to water flowing through it.. ... It is an additional frictional loss, not a pressure reducer per se.- Hide quoted text - ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Pressure Washer GPM
    ... approximately 75 psi (25% increase in flow requires 50% increase in pressure ... The only force that puts water into the inlet of the pump is the ... At sea level you have about 14.7 psi maximum ... that would create flow into the pump. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Floor Pump Problem - Air Loss after Pumping
    ... new pump. ... At any significant tire pressure, a presta valve should close almost ... If 120 pis pressure really does drop 5-10 psi when the pump head comes ... But the dedicated gauge that you're using to measure the pressure ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Hard Start After Fuel Pump Replacement
    ... to send me a replacement pump. ... The new pump generates 51 PSI when running. ... When I shut down the engine, ... the pressure dropped immediately to 45 PSI. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)