Re: Springs for hanging curtains

Sems I'm having trouble describing what I'm looking for. The "rod"
itself is nothing but a tightly coiled spring (about 5 or 6 mm diam.).
Cut the desired length and screw an eye bolt inside each end of the
spring. Fasten the spring to the wall with a screw through each eye
bolt, stretching it a little to keep it tight. Imagine using it to hang
a curtain over the rear window of a van. Something strictly cheap and
functional. Would only be used for light curtains.

cranky wrote:
lee houston wrote:
Years ago it was possible to hang curtains on springs. I'm not
talking about a rod with a spring inside it, but a stretchable
tightly-coiled spring that was screwed into a wall using an eye at each
end.

Anyone know where to buy such springs?

Yes, they were quite common. Often used on doors.
mebbe like this?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=132173-73-132173&lpage=none

lee
It may not be pretty ,but I have used bungee cords, this way

  • Quickfire ones
    ... How is being at a singles bar different from being at the circus? ... What makes men chase women they have no intention of marrying? ... Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact? ... How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb? ...
    (uk.rec.humour)
  • Re: t = (t -vx/cc)/sqrt( 1- vv/cc ) = t sqrt( 1- vv/cc) ?
    ... > Assume that A has no idea what velocity he's moving (we'll ... > call it v), but he has a rod of known length L, three mirrors, ... > first mirror into A's eye. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: t = (t -vx/cc)/sqrt( 1- vv/cc ) = t sqrt( 1- vv/cc) ?
    ... >> have half of the Lorentz, ... call it v), but he has a rod of known length L, three mirrors, ... A sits on the leading edge of the rod, ... first mirror into A's eye. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: How to Hinge a Wooden Gate found here
    ... "Screw Eye and Pintle" is ... What's the rule for hole diameter when drilling a hole that will ... After I get the old gate and post out, I suppose I will put the new ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Eyeglass Screws...
    ... Turns out that the screw that holds the frame and thus the lens backed ... My cousin in LoCal is the last remaining eye doctor so I ... They have a cheap clamp on ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)