Power out in part of the house

I was in my bathroom yesterday with the lights and the fan on. All of a
sudden the lights and fan go off. Only the bathroom I was in and part of
another room were affected so I assumed a breaker had been tripped. But
when I opened the fusebox none of the breakers had been tripped. I even
flipped the corresponding breaker just to be sure.

Can I safely assume that the breaker is probably bad and will need to be
replaced, or is it possible something else is wrong?

  • Re: Power out in part of the house
    ... another room were affected so I assumed a breaker had been tripped. ... Have you confirmed that all the lights and fan that went out are in fact on ... circuits tripped then a possible explanation could be a bad bus. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Power out in part of the house
    ... sudden the lights and fan go off. ... Only the bathroom I was in and part of ... another room were affected so I assumed a breaker had been tripped. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Solve the Garage Door Opener Puzzle !
    ... It suddenly started working only to OPEN the door, ... replacing the lights in it. ... and then went back out to breaker panel. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Bang! Main Breaker Tripped.
    ... 200 amp service, I was told. ... The main breaker at the top of the box has a "pair" of breaker ... Flipped it back on and the lights went on. ... helping the 100 amp main trip. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Strange electric situation - advice?
    ... Last step now is to remove the old lights which hang below the joists ... individual breaker does the trick. ... a volt meter or test light to see if they all really go off when turned ... I once found a circuit with a 'home run' going to each end. ...
    (alt.home.repair)