Re: CRT begins to display a "fuzzy" image ...

"Edwin Pawlowski" <esp@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Dominique MOREAU" <dominique.moreau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Is it possible to adjust a computer monitor when the CRT begins to
>> display
>> fuzzy image that seems to be a kind of bad focus ?
>> (principally in the peripheral zones - center zone is still ok)
>
> Sounds like you need a new LCD monitor. You'll love it.

Two words, DELL 2001FP.

Seriously, sounds like a convergence problem.
Only the most expensive monitors will let you adjust it.
Find the manuals, or fool with the OSD (on screen display).
My experience is when a monitor starts going out of adjustment,
total failure is imminent.

If you spend any significant time in front of the screen
go for the flat panel.

  • Re: [opensuse] Discrepancy colors screen/printer
    ... colors I see on my screen and the results on printed paper? ... Simply adjust until it matches your printout. ... In KDE, open "System Settings", then under "Hardware" click "Display and Monitor", then select "Gamma", and pick "RGB Scale" from the drop-down menu. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Discrepancy colors screen/printer
    ... there are methods to adjust the way colors are displayed/printed with color profiles. ... Simply adjust until it matches your printout. ... In KDE, open "System Settings", then under "Hardware" click "Display and Monitor", then select "Gamma", and pick "RGB Scale" from the drop-down menu. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Screen Switching On and Off Intermittently
    ... developed a problem with the screen display. ... while then will act as if Windows XP had turned off the monitor. ... Do these symptoms indicate to anyone whether the monitor, video card ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Dell computer and HP monitor
    ... I recently bought and set up a HP w2007 20" widescreen monitor, ... The monitor has several display modes you can choose ... presumably the video card. ... Have you used the HP "My Display" software to adjust contrast, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Display is Too Dark - since XP
    ... Studioworks 77i) How do I setup the display so taht I can ... again see brighter display and images, ... adjust each and every one? ... your monitor should have adjustments for brightness/contrast. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)