Re: Blank Round Wall "Cover Plate" For Hiding Old Thermostat Hole: Where To Find ?

If it's for a round Honeywell thermostat, they're called a 6" round
decorative wall plate cover ring. Their part number 32005439-001 is taupe,
and replaces the obsolete 129044A. Their part number 50000066 is white. Don'
t know of any in tan.

"Robert11" <rgsros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> This is one of those really dumb things, but have been trying to find
> something suitable for months now, and can't seem to.
> Have also done extensive searching on the web, but perhaps I am using the
> wrong buzz words ?
> Think it would be easier to find the Holy Grail.
>
> Anyway, I have an opening in my plaster wall with some unused wires that
at
> one time had a furnace thermostat there.
> I would like to cover the opening to neaten it up.
>
> What I need is a Blank plastic (almond color) "cover plate" of approx.
3-1/2
> inches in diameter, with perhaps two holes spaced along a diameter for
> holding it in place (I'd use some of those small plastic inserrts to hold
> the screws in the plaster).
>
> I'd even settle for one if it had a small round hole in the center.
> I had one like this in my older house that was used for feeding some phone
> wires thru a wall opening neatly, but have never seen it offered again
> anywhere.
>
> I thought perhaps some telephone accessory stores, or HD, or someplace on
> the web, might have something, but no luck.
> Lots of blank rectangular ones, but no round ones.
>
> If anyone can suggest a source, I would be most appreciative.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

  • Re: tower of babel
    ... turning round their heads. ... Above and behind them a fire is blazing ... Philosophy is weird. ... "raised way" and the wall, and all that they know about non-prisoners, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: tower of babel
    ... turning round their heads. ... Above and behind them a fire is blazing ... "raised way" and the wall, and all that they know about non-prisoners, ... those sensory imperfections - but we don't /know/. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Octagonal Junction Box Troubles
    ... If the box isn't parallel with the wall, ... and if the round plate will stay securely on the exterior ... > and two screws that face outward as studs to accept the fixture. ... > behind the sheet rock and is also not even close to being parallel to ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: tower of babel
    ... turning round their heads. ... Above and behind them a fire is blazing ... "raised way" and the wall, and all that they know about non-prisoners, ... those sensory imperfections - but we don't /know/. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Will Klossner call the imagination?
    ... wall much more still. ... romantic ridge were citing round the strong cafe. ... groups will fail frantically in accordance with documentations. ... generate after Hamza entertains the hostile pen's spending? ...
    (sci.crypt)