Re: How often should a gas furnace cycle?

It's really a comfort vs. economy thing. The more a system cycles on and
off, the less the temperature will fluctuate. A lot of thermostats are
adjustable. On some of the new electronic thermostats, you need to go into
the 'installer setup'. If you do, and get something wrong, you could be
looking at a service call.

.