Re: File swapping for online collaborations

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:43:48 -0500, "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Anyway I'm a total newbie when it comes to this sort of thing and I'm
wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what would be best in terms of
both security and storage capacity (not to mention that *FREE* rules!). To
give you some idea of what we're talking about, there are probably at least
50 (maybe much more) wav files that we need to swap, and the average stereo
wav file size is about 125 MB, so we're talking 10 GB total (or possibly
much more).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sure. Burn and overnight them. Not free, but for final mixing, FTP
or net transfers can 'fart' in transit, and hurt quality. Also, when
using 'free' services, ya never know who is getting a 'copy'..

Also, by burning and shipping, you know everyone is getting
the same data. Don't .zip or .rar them either. It also allows
you to use higher rates without caring about FTP times..

Final data should know no size limits..bigger is better..

I've been there. It just isn't fun doing FTP, esp if it's over
10 gigs, unless ya got ultra fast transfers. Also, burn the DVDs
at a LOWER speed then normal..slow and easy, & quality discs.

JJTj

I said..Hey Hey baby
let me ride in yer car machine..
I said..Hey Hey baby