Re: Dylan "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" cover
- From: "wereo_boy" <invaild12345@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:19:55 -0400
"RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Generally, I've not been a big fan of Dylan's Nashville Skyline LP (or of
country music generally) but I've been thinking that this song has
potential as a more bluesy, upbeat tune. So I gave it a go:
This is a pretty rough cut in terms of having a limited number of takes
and very little in terms of post-recording processing: there's some EQ and
compression on the bass, acoustic guitar, and vocal tracks and that's it.
The only other "effect" is a volume pedal on the guitar track that's
panned left. You'll hear the volume-pedal effect on that track in the
bridge and the instrumental break.
I may beef up the mix a bit with more post-processing but I wanted to get
some comments first.
Instruments: Gretsch Tennessean (panned left), Custom Hamburguitar (slide;
panned right), Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic (2 tracks, one fairly low
in the mix); Rick 4001 bass.
Drums: Superior Drummer 2, Custom & Vintage add-on.
Constructive criticism welcome! Thanks in advance.
I can do without. That is my constructive criticism.
- Prev by Date: Re: Japanese Blackmore Strat
- Next by Date: Re: Dylan "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" cover
- Previous by thread: Re: Dylan "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" cover
- Next by thread: Re: Dylan "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You" cover